Hair is vestigial part of our body, yet is has many functions. It prevents our skin in two ways, at first, it prevents our skin from direct sunlight and prevents sun burns, and secondly, it prevents our skin from exposure to UV rays, which can cause serious damage.
Hair is also important to us cosmetically. Thinning of hair or baldness can be a matter of serious concern to an individual. Baldness in men is very common, but baldness in women is rare, and it is considered as a serious problem for them, as it affects their physical appearance.
There are several hair growth remedies, which you can use if you are suffering with loss of hair.
Hair growth with proper nutrition:
improper diet is the most common cause of hair loss nowadays. A balanced diet, which supplies proper vitamins and minerals to our body, is important for hair growth. Balanced diet is the easiest of all hair growth remedies, as there are no medications required for it. You just have to add some fruits and improve the quality of food in your daily diet.
- Vitamin A - helps in producing sebum from the scalp. Sebum is a type of natural oil which coats the hair follicles and prevents it from damage.
- Vitamin A is found in egg, fish, milk, cheese, beef etc.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) –promotes proper blood circulation to scalp. It is found in fish, beef and wheat.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) –maintains the color of hair and prevents it from turning grey. It is found in meat, egg yolk, and brewer’s yeast.
- Vitamin B6 –prevents loss of hair and maintains color of hair by promoting production of melanin in body. Cereals, meat, egg yolk etc are rich in Vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B12 –prevents loss of hair. Chicken, eggs, fish meat, milk and milk products are rich in vitamin B12. This vitamin is only found in animal products and hence vegetarians suffer with deficiency of this vitamin very commonly.
- Vitamin C, vitamin E and biotin are other vitamins essential for proper hair growth.
Hair growth remedies at home:
- Rubbing scalp:
- Rubbing scalp after a hair wash with cold water, till the scalp gets a tingling sensation, is useful in activating the sebaceous glands of scalp, which helps in hair growth.
- A mixture of amla and coconut oil, warmed up to body temperature can prevent hair loss.
- Amla juice mined with lime juice helps in through cleaning of scalp and helps in hair growth.
- Heena and mustard oil:
- Massage with a mixture of heena leaves and mustard oil promotes hair growth.
Our hair is made up of a protein called keratin, hence hair is dead, but it is an important fact that hair needs blood supply and proper nutrition intake to grow. A doctor can diagnose severe anemia in a patient by just looking at the condition of hair.
There are simple hair growth remedies, which we can use on daily basis and initiate growth of healthy hair.