Healthy hair requires nutritious intake of food along with regular hair care methods. Unbalanced diet can be one of the major factors for hair problems. Today we have a very busy lifestyle making it very difficult to maintain a healthy balanced diet. An imbalance in diet has to be balanced, by intake of proper supplements. Dermatologists recommend vitamins for hair growth, as the best supplements.
Why vitamins for your hair?
Vitamins are organic compounds having diverse biochemical functions or have hormone-like functions, which regulates cell or tissue growth. Vitamins also behave as antioxidants that help in preventing gray hair and keeping them lively.
Vitamins for hair growth are incredibly helpful in addressing various issues like hair thinning, sever hair fall, split ends and so on. Vitamins help in balancing the nutrition and thereby, improve your hair growth. Vitamins also help in repairing hair damage.
The major vitamins for hair growth are as follows:
- Biotin regulates cell development using other vitamins in the body preventing loss and graying of hair. It improves the elasticity of hair and prevents breakage of hair. It also makes the hair follicles thicker and stronger.
- Folic acid improves blood circulation and cell development of the scalp.
- Inositol maintains the health of cell membrane and hair follicles.
- Pantothenic acid helps in re-growth of hair and keeps the hair healthy.
Additional vitamins for hair growth and their source are as follows:
- Vitamin B6 is major source of essential amino acids, which helps in promoting hair growth. This vitamin is mainly found in sunflower seeds and avocado.
- Vitamin B5 improves the strength of hair, which is mainly found in egg whites.
- Vitamin B12 aids other vitamins to maintain the health of hair. This vitamin is found mainly in dairy products.
- Biotin and Inositol are mainly found in wheat, egg whites, meat, healthy fatty acids, fish oil and avocado. Biotin is also found in almonds, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, lentils, oats, brown rice, raspberries and walnuts.
- Vitamin C is mainly helpful in improving blood circulation. Citrus fruits like orange, lemon are major source of Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E is found in sesame seed oil known for its moisturizing properties. It keeps the scalp hydrated and makes the hair soft and manageable. It also improves the health of hair follicles and keeps the existing hair firm at roots.
- Vitamin D helps in maintaining the health of scalp and is found mainly in fish and milk. Sun also provides vitamin D when our scalp is exposed to it.
- Vitamin B9 is helpful in improvising new hair growth and preventing hair loss.
- Vitamin A is also beneficial for improving hair growth and is found mainly in carrot, papaya and broccoli.
Choosing the right vitamins for hair growth is very important. Natural vitamin supplements are safer with no side-effects. However, care must be taken to consume the only required amount of vitamins that are necessary for body.