Hair has been one of the most integral parts of a person’s appearance. A person’s outlook is more enhanced, when they have beautiful tresses of hair. In today’s fast world, everyone longs for fast hair growth and follow various hair care methods to gain healthy and voluminous hair. However, not all of us are aware of our hair structure and the care to be taken, which is very essential for their healthy growth.
Hair is composed of structural protein called keratin and has three layers.
- The innermost layer or medulla is present only in thick hair.
- Middle layer or cortex provides strength, color and texture for hair.
- Upper layer or cuticle protects cortex.
Hair root lies below the scalp enclosed within a hair follicle. Hair follicle supplies all the necessary nutrients through blood for fast hair growth.
Dos and Don’ts for Fast Hair Growth
- Eat a well balanced diet that includes protein, calcium, magnesium and essential fatty acids. The condition of your hair depends on the nutrition you take.
- Try to dry your hair naturally using a high absorbent towel rather than a hair dryer, repeated usage of hair dryer can damage your hair cuticle.
- Do not use chemical hair dyes extensively, use natural dyes.
- Do not comb your hair when wet as it may damage your hair shaft.
- Oil your hair for at least three days a week, this provides additional moisture for your hair. You can choose coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil or a combination of three for good results. Always use fingertips and not fingernails massage your scalp.
- Keep your combs and pillows clean.
- Do not expose your hair to harsh sunshine.
- Clean your hair thoroughly after swimming to wash out chlorinated water. It is recommended that you use a swimming cap.
- Do not tie or pull back your hair tightly or use tight clips and bands that may damage your hair.
- Hair conditioner must be applied only to the hair and its ends not to the roots.
- Keep your hair free from split ends by getting a haircut on a regular basis.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your hair well hydrated.
Home Remedies for fast hair growth
Hair can be nourished well with natural ingredients available at your home. The advantage of using homemade remedies is that there are no harmful side-effects, which can damage your hair. With these methods, you do not have to spend much or consult a doctor.
- Apply egg white and neem on your hair and wash after 3 hours. The egg white conditions your hair and neem acts as a cleanser.
- Boil neem & tulsi leaves in coconut oil and then, use the oil to get rid of dandruff.
- Using onion juice with pepper to massage scalp is more beneficial for fast hair growth.
- Apply fenugreek seeds paste on your scalp, leave it for few minutes and then, rinse it thoroughly.