Hair loss is a common cause of distress among most people. Both men and women are troubled by hair loss. Hair loss can occur at any stage of life, there is no specific age for it. It is important to take care of your hair.
Common cause for hair loss / Thinning of hair
- Poor nutrition
- Hormonal fluctuation
There are natural ways which would help stimulating hair growth. Using natural product is always healthy and inexpensive. These products can easily be found on the shelves of your kitchen or in your refrigerator.
- Natural remedies
- Brush your hair before going to bed.
- Massage your hair with Olive Oil and leave it over night and rinse thoroughly in the morning.
- Almond Oil mixed with coconut oil when applied helps in hair growth.
- Apply egg on your scalp and cover with the help of a plastic cap. Leave it for an hour and then rinse it thoroughly. Egg not only cures thinning of the hair but is also gives natural shine to your hair.
- Rinse your hair with Cider Vinegar and sage teas.
Food also plays an important role for stimulating hair growth. One of the reasons for hair loss is improper diet. Eating healthy is important for our body and for our hair. The food which gives nutrition to our hair and helps in hair growth is:
- Green leafy vegetables
- Food rich in protein such as fish, liver, egg and milk
- Brown rice
Along with food there are certain vitamins that should be taken as supplements daily, as the quantity needed for stimulation of hair growth cannot be fulfilled by the food that we eat daily. The supplements that are required for hair growth are:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- Folic Acid
Your scalp also needs regular exercise to stay healthy and for stimulating hair growth. Massaging your scalp regularly is a good exercise.
Yoga also helps as it has poses which helps in supplying blood to the head which helps stimulate hair growth.
It is also important to keep your hair and you scalp clean. Cleaning hair pores helps stimulating hair growth. It also enhances the beauty of your hair.
Rub the scalp daily with the tip of your fingers this helps in increasing the blood circulation and enhancing hair growth.
Mild shampoo and conditioner should be used. While buying any shampoo or conditioner make sure that they have the following content:
- Biotin and Silica
- Aloe Vera
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
Be gentle to your hair and avoid rough treatment such as:
- Using the brush to comb your hair
- Using blow dryer, iron or curler too often
- Let your hair dry naturally before combing
- Using alcohol based products too often
- Do not tie you hair when it is wet. It leads to hair fall.
It is important to start your treatment the sooner you notice your hair thinning. The earlier you start taking care of your hair the better it is for stimulating hair growth.